Saturday 2 April 2011

What is graphic design for?

David and I saw an unsigned band at The Deaf Institute called The Watchers.  They have the ubiquitous Facebook page but they are also on a website called "bandcamp' which i had not heard of:


Band camp




Band Camp are Advertising for a Designer.  I read the job advert with interest but also confusion as I did not understand half the stuff it was asking for So I have researched all these sites below.  I think this is probably the most accurate way of getting a picture of What Graphic Design is 'today' and maybe tomorrow:






Gave me some ideas of the fast moving pace and expectations of a Designer today.
I had not heard of any of these:


Tumblr - Similar to Blogger/ sharing photos and music.  markets itself as cooler than 
facebook


Kickstarter - the largest funding platform for creative projects in the world (US based)



A design category

An example of the kind of project which has been succesfully funded The Noun project.








Convertbots an app for iphone

Etsy  - Aplace to buy and sell arts and crafts

Threadless - A US community based custom print tshirts

Dribbble is a show and tell website for creatives (What are you working on?)

Think this needs further investigation The Do lectures  The Do Lectures website based in Wales. The Do Book

No comments:

Post a Comment