Wednesday 30 March 2011

What is Graphic Design for?

I stumbled on these kinetic type pieceson Behance by an American student called Jacob Gilbreath which work for me on two levels firstly for their entertainment value but secondly they are simple and clever.

Kinetic Typography. Turquoise from Jacob Gilbreath on Vimeo.

Conan O'Brien Kinetic Typography from Jacob Gilbreath on Vimeo.

This attracted me because I like Sia (the musician) and also the Kinetic type again . Steve bussy talks about how he achieved this:
'I did this movie in my summer vacation over roughly a month. I layout all the type in Illustrator and animated the kinetics in Flash CS4. After that the Wiggle and the vignette was done in After Effects. Some of the illustrations like the shoe, did I do myself while others where found on the internet. '




Kinetic Typography movie – Sia Academia from Steven Bussey on Vimeo.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment