Friday 1 October 2010

Definition of knit and my interpretation


       Definition of knit


  1.      
              to make something such as a piece of clothing using wool and sticks called knitting needles


  2.  or 

    knit together






    The word knit immediately conjured up images of my granny who taught me how to knit and used to knit me dolls and clothes.  I initially went down this road and and researched 'knit' images and old knitting patterns online.
  3. Words that came to mind were jumpers, wool yarn, wool unravelling, pattern, loops, knitting needles, knitting pattern, knit one, pearl one, cast on, cast off .  

    The loop shapes lead me to google 'loop' fonts online.  A lot of script fonts have 'loops'.  such as 'Scriptina pro' and Kunster script. from the group work we did trying to group a letter the letter K had grabbed me and also the obvious link to 'knit'

  4. So I manipulated the letter k and the word K in photoshop examples of which are in my Design Practice blog. 






No comments:

Post a Comment