Friday 14 January 2011

Album covers and graphic designers

Today I have found a fantastic book in the library called 'Album - Style and Image in Sleeve design' by Nick De Ville published by Mitchell Beazley.  'Album is a unique overview of the genre of Sleeve design , an unprecedented account of the extensive creative cross- fertilization between designers, art directors, photographers, musicians and record labels.'


This book has embodies the idea which has been emerging as I have been gathering my research.  There are so many links between this creative sector that I am sure I will be able to link 100 albums/graphic designers/photographers from the sixties to date.




Design agency Intro and Julian House


Intro




Julian House is most famous for designing Primal Scream Xterminator in 2000.






Although he has designed other covers such as 

Oasis

Broadcast



Klaus Voormann

No comments:

Post a Comment