Saturday 29 January 2011

Collection 100 - Primary research for CD packaging

I looked in our CD collection for some more innovative ideas for paper packaging design:





I used this idea for my first test piece.  I was nervous about trying to 'cut out' a circle to represent the vinyl neatly.  This seemed a 'halfway house and also it gave me a way of housing the DVD neatly. 







This was noticable just because of the shape however my husband says it is a pain as it does not fit in with the rest of the CD collection






I love the weight of the stock used for this design it feels luxurious.  Also this is a good example of the 'full package' including a really intesting poster.  Really strong price of design by Lewis Heriz




I like how this desiggn 'draws' you in with the laser cut squares.  The imagery is also very strong.  the stock again is heavy card which feels good to touch.







This used a mini disc as an added feature


I like the strong orange/black combination.The cut out through the hair is really efefctive and works on the reverse as the centre part of the reel to reel tapes.  I also like the bold simplicity of  'spiked' font




This is very tactile with a velvet material finish, feels sumptious




This Sigur Ross feels like a book cover (Which I can envisage making after the Book workshop) The illustrations and cover design by sigur rós, ísak winther, alex somers and lukka sigurðardóttir are exquisite.  So much so I have put the link to the other art work here















No comments:

Post a Comment