Thursday 24 March 2011

What is a line?


These are the books I have researched for idea development for What is a line. 


I chose this because the layering of several line drawings is interesting.  It could be an interesting way to create the illusion of a series of actions


I like the simplicity and perspective of this drawing



I like the movement of the hands which looks like it has been created by not taking the pen off the paper.





                                               

The merging and layering of several faces is a technique I want to try with my line drawing.  I also like the spontaneity this illustrator has achieved.


I like the simplicity of these outlines drawings which have been layered together to great effect.


This is an interesting article which gives you the steps this illustrator went through (hand drawn. traced and digitals) to achieve this illustration. 






I am attracted to the idea of doing line drawings over other images .   I also like the effect of pen and ink, ink blots etc. I had thought about line drawing over some old music sheets.

Gary Hume's work came to mind as soon as Amber introduced the brief, especially as he manages to create such movement with his layering technique.  These are my favourites:







No comments:

Post a Comment