Wednesday 4 May 2011

Speaking from experience - research

A theme developing from the research is 'comfort zones' and stepping out of them. I found this poem on the Internet, a bit twee but very true nevertheless!

I used to have a comfort zone
where I knew I couldn’t fail,
The same four walls of busy work
were really more like a jail

I longed so much to do the things
I’d never done before,
But I stayed inside my comfort zone
and paced the same old floor

I said it didn’t matter
that I wasn’t doing much,
I said I didn’t care for things
like diamonds or furs and such

I claimed to be so busy
with the things inside my zone,
But deep inside I longed for
something special of my own

I couldn’t let my life go by
just watching others win,
I held my breath and stepped outside
to let the change begin

I took a step and with new strength
I’d never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone good bye
and closed and locked the door

If you are in a comfort zone
afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners
were at one time filled with doubt

A step or two and words of praise
can make your dreams come true
Greet your future with a smile,
success is there for you!


Images for Comfort Zone







Ideas  -
Graphic design public enermy number one - The Comfort Zone. 

The biggest barrier to your design potential is your comfort zone.

Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” ~ Brian Tracy

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

A year spent making mistakes is a step nearer the Designer you have the potential to be, a year in your comfort zone is a step away.

Instead of Fearing failure fear your comfort zone (me)


A dream is your creative vision for your life in the future. You must break out of your current comfort zone and become comfortable with the unfamiliar and the unknown.

Scare your self out of your comfort zone.



No comments:

Post a Comment